This Richardson Romanesque architecture-style home was built in 1896 for C.W. Woodin, a local dry goods merchant, by Jacob Geiser.
The home features stone that came from Pottsdam, NY, and may have been imported from Italy, rough and smooth stonework, and a tower that contains three hand-etched curved glass windows.
The woodwork inside is of oak, Birdseye maple, and cherry that came from Michigan. The stained and beveled windows came from Franklin Art Glass in Columbus, Ohio.
In the early 1900s, the home was owned by G.M. Hickle, the founder of the local Hickle Company. He lived there until 1936 when he passed away.
Subsequently, after Hickle’s ownership, the home was partially converted into offices. In 1946 it became the home and office of Dr. Andrew Jamison and his family.
Following Dr. Jamison, it was home to several lawyers including the last lawyer to live and have an office there, R.C. Stoughton. Stoughton moved his offices there in 1993 and restored the home during his ownership.
In 2019 the home was purchased by Brad Hutchinson, owner of the Mithoff Companies and Company Wrench. He updated the home to reflect its original beauty as a family home. Some of the updates included: restoring the wood floors, a custom gourmet kitchen, and an attached full bath in the owner’s suite. A new two-car garage was built, and a new railing on the back porch was added. New concrete sidewalks and brick pavers were also completed.
This home is a private residence.
121 North High Street, Lancaster, Ohio 43130, United States of America