The Mithoff Building is located in downtown Lancaster. Built-in about 1820 as the Swan Hotel, the original building was a 3 ½-story 5 bay brick structure in the Federal Style. About 1870, the building was modified and enlarged to a 3-story, 10 bay by 11 bay, brick structure in the Italianate style. Characteristic of the Italianate style, the new building included round and segmental-arched windows framed with stone hood moulds and bracketed cornices.
Restored in 2019, the property is now home to retail, service businesses, and residential living.
162 West Main Street, Lancaster, Ohio 43130, United States